British couples heading away for Valentine’s Day breaks this year have been advised on the most romantic driving routes to try. The recommendations come from award-winning car hire website Carrentals.co.uk.
Gareth Robinson, Managing Director of Carrentals.co.uk, says: “We invariably see higher levels of traffic at this time of year as British couples get ready to enjoy a romantic weekend away somewhere for Valentine’s Day.”
“More and more people are looking into different destinations instead of the typical city break – and renting a car allows them to explore the region that much more. With that in mind we’ve recommended some of the most romantic European drives that we know of for Valentine’s Day”.
Carrentals.co.uk Top 5 Romantic Driving Locations:
1. Amalfi Coast, Italy – Perhaps Italy’s most breathtaking driving route, the road along the Amalfi Coast comprises quaint fishing villages, picturesque ports, great cafés and some fantastic restaurants. The route connects the two popular tourist destinations of Sorrento and Salerno.
2. Champagne, France – A fantastic drive through the heart of French wine country, this 220 kilometre romantic drive includes visits to some of the region’s most celebrated vineyards and wine producers.
3. West Coast of Scotland – A world away from England, the West Coast of Scotland and Argyllshire is one of the most romantic and picturesque drives in all of Europe. Take a trip to some historic castles, visit great Whisky distilleries, and enjoy the views out over the sea from some of Scotland’s prettiest ports.
4. Seville, Spain – Orange groves and white walled villages make up one of Spain’s prettiest and most romantic drives. Visiting couples can enjoy seeing the gardens at Barrio de Santa Cruz and the Guadalquivir River is a real highlight.
5. Romantic Road, Germany– Germany is renowned for some of the most beautiful drives in Europe and the Romantic Road is perfect for Valentine’s Day. The journey takes in ancient churches, gothic castles and some fantastic restaurants.
Carrentals.co.uk is the UK’s leading car hire comparison site providing cheap car hire in over 15,000 locations worldwide including Italy, France, Spain and Portugal, with pick up locations including car hire Faro offers and car hire Faro Airport deals.
To compare the latest car hire deals for a Valentine’s Day getaway visit www.carrentals.co.uk.